Saint Ekvtime's Day
Saint Ekvtime’s Day
February 2nd, 2006
It’s snowed bales in the last week. Recently it’s begun to melt and then refreeze at night, hence the roads up to Ekvtime’s Zedazani Monastery were completely impassable with mud, ice, and patches of snow.
But wanting to chant nonetheless, we went to a church in Tbilisi, meeting friends Dato Shugliashvili and Giorgi Donadze there. The church is relatively new, and the interior is being entirely painted with frescoes. As a result, both Luarsab and I had to duck for most of the service under the rudimentary scaffolding built around the chant podium and across the nave.
One year ago I was baptized Orthodox. I have no deep reflections on this event, except that I am extremely grateful that I made this choice, and I’m looking forward to the positive influences Orthodoxy is going to have in my life.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home